- Published: 31 August 2017 31 August 2017
- Hits: 3731 3731
National Order of the Arrow Conference - 2018
July 30 – August 4, 2018
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
The National Order of the Arrow Conference is Scouting’s second largest national program event. NOAC is growing in popularity because it is planned and carried out by Arrowmen. Youth involvement ensures the conference will be exciting, relevant, and non-stop fun.
ATTENDANCE: All Arrowmen who are registered members of the Boy Scouts of America and have their council’s approval are eligible to participate in the 2018 NOAC. All participants must register as a delegate of a council contingent or be a member of the conference staff.
Due to expected high interest coupled with capacity constraints at Indiana University, the OA has allotted Lowaneu Allanque Lodge a quota for the 2018 NOAC and is enforcing a 3:1 youth to adult ratio. We have been given slots for 31 Scouts who will be under the age of 21 at the time of NOAC 2018. After these slots are filled, we will institute a wait list while we petition for more slots as they become available.
CONTINGENT CONFERENCE FEE: $700.00 which includes the OA conference fee of $600.00 plus Three Fires Council contingent merchandise and regalia (choices may include hat, daypack, council NOAC patch sets, T-shirts or polos.) This fee does NOT include transportation costs to and from NOAC.**
BENEFITS: Participants will return home with:
- A deeper understanding of the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Order of the Arrow Obligation, and what it means to “live” these words in one’s daily life.
- A renewed spirit, pride, and enthusiasm for Scouting and the Order of the Arrow.
- Ideas our lodge can use to better serve Scouting at the unit, district and council levels.
- New programs, knowledge and skills to improve our lodge and chapter operations.
- Enhanced leadership skills and a better understanding of how to carry out the work of our lodge.
- The latest information on outdoor and high-adventure programming, including how to successfully promote Boy Scout camping.
- New friendships with fellow Arrowmen from throughout the nation.
- Memories to last a lifetime!
Payments are due to the Three Fires Council as follows:
1st Payment due with registration: by December 1, 2017 - $300.00 (This includes the $100 non-refundable deposit*)
2nd Payment due: February 26, 2018 - $325.00
*The $100.00 per-person deposit is transferable to a substitute contingent participant (youth or adult) within our council on a one-for-one basis, but it is nonrefundable and may not be applied to the balance due for another person. All requests for cancellation must be made in writing to the OA Advisor (Dr. Michael Koehne). Participants canceling their reservation after June 30, 2018, will forfeit their entire conference fee.
**Transportation to and from Indiana University will once again be based on need. Contingent youth & adults have the option of providing their own transportation. The lodge can help arrange carpools. The lodge can also provide bus transportation if necessary for an additional fee.
***OA Scholarships are available on an as needed basis and can cover up to ½ of the Contingent Fee.
REGISTRATION: Registration to attend as a Scout as part of Lowaneu Allanque Lodge’s contingent is online at www.OA41.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Thomas Barrington – OA Staff Adviser – 630-797-4621